Bus tours in Burgenland
Burgenland Bus is an expert in bus booking for bus tours in Burgenland but also in the creation of tailor-made tourist programs in Burgenland. Our team will gladly help you organize any kind of bus tours in Burgenland. We recommend you choose the following tourist programs:
Bus tours in Northern Burgenland
Although it is possible to make a half-day trip to Burgenland, we advise you to make a one-day trip rather than a half-day trip to Northern Burgenland. There are a lot of possibilities regarding the working out of a tourist program in Burgenland. For example, your bus excursion to Northern Burgenland could be the following:
- Guided tour in the town of Eisenstadt: During a bus trip in Burgenland, we advise you to start with a guided tour in Eisenstadt combined, if you so wish, with a guided tour of the Schloss Esterházy (a famous palace in Eisenstadt) or with a guided tour of the Bergkirche and Haydn's tomb for example.
- The Roman quarry in St Margarethen: On the way to Lake Neusiedl you can go to the ancient Roman quarry in St Margarethen. You have two possibilities: you can visit it or just make a stopover to take some photos.
- Walk in Rust: Once you are arrived to Lake Neusiedl, we recommend to go to Rust for a guided walk, the town is famous for its numerous stork's nests, and we advise you to visit the "Fischerkirche", ("Fishermen's Church") a roman church that was built during the twelfth century.
- Lunch in Rust: If you are in Rust, then jump at the chance and taste a typical meal of fish accompanied by wine from the Rust's vineyards. As a dessert, we advise you to taste the "Somlauer Nockerln", a speciality of the region.
- Bus tour to Lake Neusiedl: For the afternoon, we advise you to go on a cruise on Lake Neusiedl. As a starting point, you have the choice between the port of Rust and the port of Mörbisch. In both cases, you can admire the Floating Stage of Mörbisch and the wildlife of Lake Neusiedl. It is also worth doing a detour to the Hungarian part of Lake Neusiedl.
- Wine tasting, amusement park "Familypark" or guided tour of Burg Forchtenstein: To finish your bus trip in Northern Burgenland, we recommend the wine tasting in one of the Heuriger taverns of Mörbisch and of Rust for adult groups or even in the "Blaues Haus" inn in Trausdorf an der Wulka. For children we propose a visit of the amusement park "Familypark Neusiedler See". As a further option we can propose a guided tour of Burg Forchtenstein if you are in a group of culture buffs.
Moreover it is possible to combine your bus tour in Northern Burgenland with a detour through the Hungarian town of Sopron for a guided tour or just for shopping. The Burgenland Bus team will be glad to give you some advice regarding the creation of a personal tourist program in Northern Burgenland.
Bus tour in Southern Burgenland
Our team can help you organize half-day bus trips or one-day bus trips to Burgenland. It depends on your wishes, on the time you have and on the starting point of your bus tour in Burgenland. The Burgenland Bus team recommends you among others the following tourit program for your bus tour in Burgenland:
- Guided tour of "Burg Lockenhaus": We recommend you to start your bus tour in Southern Burgenland with a guided tour of the imposing "Burg Lockenhaus". This castle was restored thanks to the fortune of the writer Paul Anton Keller. Between May and September you can combine the visit of "Burg Lockenhaus" with the medieval games which include a competition of axe-throwing and archery. Furthermore during a special visit you could hear the story of Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed, also known as "the Blood Countess" and as "Countess Dracula".
- Írottkő Nature Park: The Írottkő Nature Park ("Geschriebenstein Írottkő" in German) is located to the south of Burg Lockenhaus. The Írottkő Nature Park was the first cross-border park between Austria and Hungary. From the top of the look-out you can enjoy the wonderful hilly landscape of Southern Burgenland to the west and the Pannonian lowlands to the east. For good walkers we can include in your tourist program in Burgenland a hike through the Írottkő Nature Park.
- Lunch in Moschendorf or in Heiligenbrunn: Moschendorf is well-known for its winegrowing and is located in Austria near the Hungarian border. Moschendorf attracts many visitors thanks to, among others, its gastronomy and its must-see wine museum. We can easily include a lunch in Moschendorf in your sightseeing program. As a further alternative we propose a guided walk in the cellars of Heiligenbrunn which represent a network of 2 kilometres followed by a lunch in Heiligenbrunn or in Güssing.
- Guided tour through Güssing: The impressive "Burg Güssing" castle overlooks the town of Güssing which expands westwards of Moschendorf. Within the context of a guided tour of Güssing and of the castle you will hear about the turbulent past of Burgenland.
- Memorial of the Battle of Saint Gotthard in Mogersdorf: The Battle of Saint Gotthard opposed Habsburg and Ottoman armies in 1664. In order to learn more about the history of the defensive wars the Habsbourgs fought against the Turkish forces, we recommend a visit of the memorial of the Battle of Saint Gotthard. There, the imperialist general Raimondo Montecuccoli managed to prevent the Ottoman forces from crossing the river called Rába. The army led by Montecuccoli had only 25 000 soldiers whereas the Ottoman army was twice stronger. The Peace of Vasvár was signed and concluded the Austro-Turkish War (1663-1664). The "Türkenwirt" inn in Mogersdorf proposes to cover this interesting chapter of the history of Burgenland through a visit of the "Friedensweg" ("Peace-Path") and a cruise on the Rabá onboard a canoe.
- Hiking "Uhudler-Kunst-Wanderweg": Located near the valley of the river Lafnitz Eltendorf represents an idyllic holiday resort thanks to its mild climate and its wooded hills. The town of Eltendorf is well-known for its production of "Uhudler", a typical wine from the region of Burgenland that is produced in only eight towns of Burgenland. Since June 2010 the town of Eltendorf honours the Uhudler with a hike called "Uhudler-Kunst-Wanderweg", which gives you many interesting information concerning the Uhudler. A visit of the "Uhudler-Kunst-Wanderweg" or at least a pause in Eltendorf for a wine tasting are both good ideas for your sightseeing bus tour program in Southern Burgenland.
If you want to extend your bus trips through Burgenland out of the Austrian area you have the possibility to go to the Hungarian town of Szombathely. The Burgenland Bus team will be delighted to give you advice regarding all the possible ways to make your sightseeing bus tour in Southern Burgenland and will be happy to help you concerning the creation of a personal and tailor-made bus tour program in Southern Burgenland!
How to book bus trips in Burgenland?
In order to reserve a tailor-made bus tour through Burgenland, please feel free to contact us at . It will be a pleasure for our team to advise you regarding the different ways to create your own bus excursion in Burgenland and we will be glad to help you organize a personal sightseeing program in Burgenland!